Phone: 251-405-1318 251-405-1300 Fax: 251-432-6843 251-433-3821
Areas of Practice:
Conrad P. Armbrecht
Print This Page
Mr. Armbrecht has practiced law in Mobile for over 30 years. He has been listed in The Best Lawyers in America for over 20 years. He regularly advises oil and gas companies with respect to all matters relating to oil and gas activities in Alabama, including lease acquisition, joint operating agreements, title issues, land owner disputes and the like. During his career, he has litigated a number of significant issues of first impression such as the ownership of coalbed methane in Alabama and the location of the Alabama/federal boundary in the Gulf of Mexico; and he has defended a number of nationwide and statewide class action lawsuits in both state and federal courts in Alabama. He has practiced extensively before the State Oil and Gas Board of Alabama, has handled a number of environmental lawsuits and regulatory matters, and has authored several of Alabama 's oil and gas statutes and regulations. He is also a frequent speaker at state and national seminars.
- Mobile Bar Association,American Bar Association (Member, Sections on: Environment, Energy and Resources and Litigation)
- Alabama State Bar (Member and former Chairman of the Oil, Gas and Mineral Law Section)
- Phi Delta Phi, legal fraternity
- The Interstate Oil and Gas Compact Commission Legal Committee since 1979.
- The Alabama Oil and Gas Study Committee, a standing committee of the Alabama Legislature.
- The Board of Directors and Executive Committee of the U.S. Oil and Gas Association, Alabama/Mississippi Division.
- The Coalbed Methane Association of Alabama Listed in Who's Who Legal, Oil and Gas Practitioners Section
Awards and Recognition
- The University of Alabama School of Law, Tuscaloosa, Alabama, 1971, J.D.
- University of the South, Sewanee, Tennessee, 1967 B.A.
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Alabama
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims, 1992
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1976